Friday, February 8, 2013

Quick Candy Buffet

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to give you a quick candy buffet idea that works great for any party/get together/event.  I did this for my niece's first birthday and it was a big hit.

Step 1:  Pick a color scheme.  Keep it simple though.  For my niece it was pink and green.
Step 2: Pick a nice variety of candy. Try lollipops, chocolate, jellybeans, even bubble gum.
Step 3: Display them.  Use glass, anything.  Glasses, vases, mason jars.  Anything works and I think eclectic looks great.
Step 4: Don't forget to have containers for your guests to put candy in (and utensils to get the candy out).  My sister had takeout containers left over from her wedding and they worked great!  But you could also just buy cute bags.


I bought: Green and Pink Sixlets; Hershey Kisses; Jelly Beans,
Lollipops, and Candy Buttons. 


Tips:
- Keep it simple.  A candy buffet doesn't have to be crazy; it's just a fun and festive thing to have at a birthday party.
- If you don't have a store that sells bulk candy near you, try searching on Amazon, that's where I got the Sixlets, lollipops, and Candy Buttons. (The Jellybeans and Hershey Kisses I got at the grocery store)
- Don't forget to customize!  Use your favorite colors or candies.  If there are a lot of adults at the party, pick a candy that everyone remembers from their childhood.

Hope everyone enjoys this Candy Buffet post!  
~ Megan ~

No comments:

Post a Comment