Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Color Me Tuesday: White-Out

Hey everyone! 

I know during the summer white parties are a popular theme (hello P.Diddy and every frat ever) but I wanted to find some great new ways to incorporate white into your party!  I think the key to using white effectively is to have lots of different textures.

To get started: Decorations!


So this would probably be the simplest way- white hanging decorations.  Party City has a kit available that gives you lots of options.

Martha Stewart obviously has some great hanging decorations too!

I like the simplicity of a white dot garland from Etsy.  I really like bold but simple geometric shapes, so a garland of circles, squares, or bunting (it's just triangles) is a favorite of mine.

 Next up: Table and Serveware!


I love these cupcake wrappers from Etsy.  Yes, they're perfect for a wedding but I think they're perfect for any party.

Every party has to have food, so you need something to put it on!  I like this tiered platter for that.  It's simple but it's also a great piece to have and obviously would be useful at any get together. (Pier1)

Another goody from Pier 1.  The tray is pretty and practical, what more do you want?  The tray is a convenient way to present a variety of things: favors, tableware for guests to pick up, or place settings or name tags if you have them.

Last but not least, Miscellaneous.  It's really just more things I like.


What to wear to a white party?  This.  It's just a shirt dress, but I think it's perfect for a garden party and can be easily brightened up with some fun jewelry and shoes (just don't wear white as a wedding guest.  Not cool.).

Funny thing is, I don't eat that much candy, but I love candy buffets.  I think it's a super cute way to incorporate decorations and party favors and an activity.  I thought the ribbon candy was just pretty (available at the Candy Warehouse, who lets you search candy by color so here is a ton of options)

Finally, curtains.  I don't think you need to redecorate your entire house when you throw a party, but this curtain is from Target and only $20.  It would be an easy way to add a lot of depth to a room without much effort.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment