Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Color Me Tuesday: Red Alert

Hey everyone, this week's Color Me Tuesday Post is all about red!  I feel like most people only think of red for Valentines Day or Christmas but I'm here to give y'all some other suggestions.  I've found a bunch of random red things that would be great additions to a party (or great things to base a party on!)


1. Lobster & Crab Plates: These are so freaking cute and remind me of the seer sucker sheets that have lobsters on them that Malerie had all through college.  I think these plates would be perfect for just a summer get together with friends (obviously, seafood should be served). (World Market)

2. These are adorable!  I love stripes/chevron and now it's in red!  Super cute treat bags for a movie or circus themed party. (Etsy)

3. Obviously if you wanna go classic, just get some red tableware! Party City has a great selection of basics in red. (Party City)

4. Of course the quickest way to add red to your decor is just a great flower arranagement. I liked the dahlias from Martha Stewart because it's red without being just regular red roses or too Christmas-y looking. (Martha Stewart)

5. I also like this red tray just to jazz up a table.  Red doesn't have to be something crazy. (Pier 1)

6. No red decorated party would be complete without red velvet cake (I can't attest to this recipe but the picture looks great). (Chow.com)

7. And for a red signature cocktail: Sangria! I would search around for recipes that suit your tastes best- more/less sugar; fruit; liquor/no liquor, etc.

8. Watermelon fabric! Ok, it's just red fabric with irregular black dots but it reminds me of watermelon.  Malerie and I actually used this fabric as a tablecloth for our watermelon themed bbq (lots of red, black, lime green, and actual watermelon)

No comments:

Post a Comment