Saturday, March 30, 2013

Eggcellent Ideas!!

Hi All,
I think Megan mentioned to you that I love eggs? Well, if you hadn't heard - I LOVE EGGS.  So, in the spirit of Easter, I thought I'd put together a little mosaic of cool egg crafts.  Each of these is obviously at home as an Easter centerpiece/favor/part of an egg hunt - but you can also use them for any springtime party or just as a nice way to pass some time.  If you blow the eggs out first, you can also keep a lot of these crafts for years to come!
Okay, so each of these pics comes with a really great DIY from various blogs that I've scouted:

  • First up, super cool and modern watercolor speckled eggs from For the love of... - these are really kid-friendly and a cool twist on your traditional dyed eggs
  • Silk-dyed eggs from My Baking Addiction - these tutorials have been popping up a lot to varying results but MBA's eggs seem come out really nicely so I would definitely go with her instructions!
  • Studio DIY's Honeycome Easter Egg decorations are AWESOME - talk about simple and sweet, throw a few of these puppies up around your house and you are good to go and get your Easter party on!
  • Classic decoupage eggs from Honestly Yum definitely make a statement - I like the more traditional look that HY's gone for but I can also imagine some super funky decoupage eggs if you let yourself go crazy with the paper you use!
  • I have to hand it to Paper & Stitch for really stepping up a basic egg-dye project into something totally cool, I mean, these eggs look fabulous and you'd never guess how easy it is!
  • No eggs? No problem.  My Poppet's fabric egg uses a foam core and the instructions are super clear - I can't wait to make a whole bucket of these
  • I love Robin's eggs and now I can make a bunch to set around my house! This DIY from Just A Little Creativity will show you how to get it done, robin-style
  • Marbleized eggs are pretty  "in" right now but you'll never guess what Camille Styles used to do her marbling...okay, I'll tell you, NAIL POLISH? What? I definitely have to try this
  • These are just so crazy - individual egg cozies from Repeat Crafter Me...I mean, come on, I couldn't not tell you about these
I hope I've given you some Easter inspiration!
Malerie OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment