Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Favorites: Sequins

My boyfriend can be kind of clueless, so on New Year's Eve, when he turned to me and asked, "why are so many people wearing sequins?" I wasn't surprised.  Well, I was surprised he knew what sequins were, but I'm not surprised that he didn't get the whole sequin/New Year's/fashion thing.  Anyway, ever since then, I've been looking for ways to use sequins in parties (and not just for New Year's)--enjoy!
  1. Add instant glam to any party with these sequined napkin holders (you can make them in basically every color and size) - you can see the original picture and basic instructions over at valley & co. lifestyle
  2. Sequins don't have to be overwhelming, Martha uses them judiciously on this little pouch so that they punch up a graphic design without making it look ridiculous
  3. This pillow is amazing. I need it now. Race you to it? Actually, Etsy seller Amore Beaute has a ton of cute pillowcases so there's more than enough for everyone!
  4. These sequin-ribbons might be my favorite.  Make your own with a holepunch and some screen in every colorway possible. Get the directions and even more inspiration at Tip Junkie
  5. Umm, oversized sequins to hang up as decorations? YES. Check out zakka life for the directions and more pictures. They bring disco to the next level
  6. Get that designer look for less by making your own striped sequined t-shirts, oh, bonus points for Copy Craft for giving us a no-sew project!
 So there you go, now go get your sequin on!
Malerie

No comments:

Post a Comment