Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Favorites: Fancy Plates

I was talking with one of my friends about how much I wish I had a huge walk in pantry (like Barefoot Contessa has) where I could store platters and fancy plates, so that inspired my Friday Favorites post!  I just wanted to find some fun plates, chargers, etc., that could jazz up any dinner table.

First up: Plates!

[From left to right]:

I like that these go together but gives you two very different looks.  The orange is just bright and bold and the flower plates would be especially great for a spring/summer bridal shower. [Target]

Yes this is simple, but I love that about it. You don't always have to use color to make a statement.  [Anthropologie]

These might be my favorite, for real this time.  They remind me of tiled mosaics like you would see in Spanish architecture.  These won't be for every event, but perfect for something outside during the summer. [Pier 1]

Next up: Chargers!


[From left to right]

I LOVE this copper charger.  Metallics are wonderful and this feels just a little edgier (and less holiday-esque) than regular gold. [Pier 1]

This is definitely a more casual feel, but that's why it's wonderful.  Chargers don't have to be strictly for formal occassions and this light, woven type of charger is perfect for a more casual event. Also don't be afraid to use chargers under serving platters if you aren't having a seated meal. [World Market]

This square charger is great if you wanted something more modern or sculptural. [World Market]

I realize that all my charger picks are in the same copper/neutral territory but trust me, there are tons of colors, patterns, textures to choose from!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment